Michigan Sportsbook Bonuses and Promotions
Indeed, legal Michigan sportsbooks have numerous bonuses and promotions for both new and existing players. For instance, you can expect to get the following offers.
- Sign-up bonus – One of the bonuses that you will always get is the sign-up bonus. As the name suggests, it is the bonus that you will get after signing up with a sportsbook.
- No deposit bonus – This is a bonus that doesn’t require a deposit. In other words, you don’t need to make a deposit in order to trigger the bonus.
- Match bonus – Undoubtedly, this is the most popular bonus in the world of sports betting. When you make a deposit, the sportsbook will match it with a certain percentage.
- Reload bonus – When you make more deposits, you will get a reload bonus. In most cases, it is a bonus for returning/existing players.
- Odds boost – In a nutshell, this is a bet with better odds than normal. If you get this promotion, your payouts will increase significantly.
- Cashback – Some sportsbooks will give back a certain percentage of your net losses. For example, you may get 30% cashback on all your weekly losses.
- Promo codes – Michigan sportsbooks will also give you unique promo codes. When you use these codes, you will get bonuses.
- Risk-free bets – If you lose your initial bet, your sportsbook will give you a risk-free bet worth your initial stake. In other words, you will place your second bet for free.
- Loyalty bonuses – Most of the sportsbooks have a loyalty program for loyal customers. As a loyal customer, you will get loyalty bonuses.
Sports Betting Apps for iOS and Android
Most of the sportsbooks in Michigan launched in January 2021. Moreover, the majority of them launched Android and iOS apps during the first week. You can choose your favorite sportsbook app from the list below.
- Draftkings Sportsbook – This was one of the first sportsbook apps to launch in Michigan. Specifically, the sportsbook went live on January 2021. In addition to that, the bookie has partnered with Bay Mills Casino & Resort, which is a land-based casino in Michigan. Then, the bookmaker has apps for both Android and iOS devices.
- FanDuel Sportsbook – FanDuel is indeed one of the leading sportsbooks in Michigan. The bookie launched in January 2021 and has apps for mobile devices, including iOS and Android. With the app, you will enjoy smooth navigation, impressive bonuses, and an attractive design. Again, the bookmaker has partnered with a land-based casino, namely MotorCity Casino Hotel.
- BetRivers sportsbook – This is also referred to as Rivers Sportsbook and is among the top sports betting site in Michigan. The bookmaker launched in January, and you can play on the go via iOS and Android devices. Furthermore, the sportsbook has partnered with Little River Casino Resort to offer you real money sports games. Here, you will get numerous bonuses and a variety of betting options.
- BetMGM sportsbook – BetMGM is the official sports betting brand of MGM resorts. Besides, it has partnered with MGM Grand Detroit in order to offer you all forms of sports betting. The sportsbook launched in January 2021and has Android and iOS apps. Still, you can play directly via your mobile browsers.
- Barstool Sportsbook – Barstool Sportsbook is also available on the sports betting market of Michigan. The bookmaker launched in January 2021 and has partnered with a land-based casino by the name Greektown Casino. At this sportsbook, you can enjoy real-money sports games via iOS and Android devices.
- Fox Bet Sportsbook – Launched on 29th January 2021, Fox Bet is a partnership between Littler Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians Gaming Authority and The Stars Group. To this end, the sportsbook operates under the license of Odawa Casino. Here, you will get a range of sports to bet on, including Baseball, Basketball, and Football. You will also play these games via iOS and Android devices.
- William Hill Sportsbook – Unquestionably, William Hill is among the largest sportsbooks in Michigan and across the world. Before going online, William hill offered a retail sportsbook in Turtle Creek Casino and Leelanau Sands Casino. When apps launched, William Hill used these local licenses to launch an online sportsbook.
- BetAmerica – BetAmerica launched its apps in January 2021. You can either bet via iOS or Android devices. What’s more, the sportsbook has partnered with Island Resort &Casino to offer you a variety of sports. Your options include Football, Hockey, Baseball, Golf, Basketball, etc. You will also get exciting bonuses and promotions at this sportsbook.
- Parx Casino – Parx has plans to launch a land-based casino and an online sports betting site in Michigan. The sportsbook will partner with a land-based casino by the name Gun Lake Casino. When the sportsbook launches, you will be able to play via iOS and Android devices.
- Golden Nugget Sports – Golden Nugget is a reputable bookmaker in both Michigan and across the world. On top of that, the sportsbook launched in January and 2021 and has partnered with Ojibwa Casino. At this bookie, you can play on mobile devices such as iOS and Android.
- Wynn Sportsbook – Also launched in January 2021, Wynn Sportsbook is a great sports betting app to try out. You can download the app for Android from Wynn's official website. On the other hand, you can download an iOS app from the app store. With the app, you will enjoy boosted odds, risk-free bets, and unlimited sports to bet on.
Advantages with Sports Betting Apps
Sports betting apps have numerous advantages. When using them, you will enjoy the following benefits.
- Betting on the go – With sports betting apps, you can play from any place and anytime. To play, you only need to download an app and install it on your mobile device.
- Live streaming – Sports betting app allow you to watch real games in real-time. As a result, you can follow the games and do live betting.
- Bonuses and promotions – Well, the majority of sportsbooks will give you massive bonuses when you play via mobile apps. For example, you may get a sign-up bonus, match bonus, reload bonus, etc.
- Quick mobile payments – Unlike the desktop version, making payments via sports betting app is faster. This is because you don’t have to log in via your PC and verify some details.
Disadvantages with Sports Betting Apps
Sports betting apps are not 100% perfect. To be specific, they have some flaws that you need to keep in mind. They include:
- Limited games – Some of the sports that you can bet on are not mobile-optimized. To this end, you will not have a variety of games to play.
- Sports betting apps require updates – You will, from time to time, need to update your iOS and Android apps. If you are using the old version, you may not access the games.
- A small screen may be very restricting – If your screen is small, you can only view one item at a time. As a result, you will spend a lot of time trying to place a single bet.
Lists of Sports and Leagues You Can Bet on in MI
Michigan sportsbooks have a variety of sports and leagues you can bet on. When you join these sportsbooks, you will never lack a real money game to play. Some of the top sports and leagues you can bet on include:
- MLB – This is one of the popular baseball leagues that you will always come across at Michigan sportsbooks. In addition to that, the league has 30 teams – 15 from American League and 15 from National League. If you are a fan of baseball, you can try it out.
- NFL – If you love betting on football, you can try out this league. The league has 32 teams divided between two conferences – the American Football Conference and the National Football Conference.
- UFC – With UFC, you have a chance to bet on your favorite weight division. Presently, UFC has 12 weight divisions, including 8 men's divisions and 4 women's divisions.
- NBA – National Basketball Association is one of the major sports leagues in the US and Canada. With this league, you have a chance to bet on 30 teams – 29 from the US and 1 from Canada.
- NCAAF – Still, you can bet on the National Collegiate Athletic Association. The association has 10 conferences and 130 schools.
- MLS – The majority of Michigan sportsbooks also allow you to bet on Major League Soccer. If you are up for it, you will get a variety of betting markets from 27 teams.
- Premier League – Almost all sports in Michigan offer Premier League. You can join one of them and rest assured of getting a variety of betting options.
- Boxing – You will also bet on boxing at legal Michigan sportsbooks. You will get a variety of bets, including over/under, in-round bets, knockdown, etc.
- NHL – Of course, Hockey is a favorite game for many players. If you are one of them, you can join a sportsbook from our list and bet on 31 teams.
- Horse Racing – If Horse Racing is your thing, you can bet on it at any Michigan sportsbook. You will get a variety of betting types such as place bets, win bets, exotic bets, etc.
- LOL (league of legends) – This is a video game with two teams. Each team has 5 players who engage in combat to control a character by the name “champion.” In order to win, your champions must become more powerful and collect experience points.
- eSports – Esports is also a form of competition that uses video games. You can bet on it at any sportsbook from our list and bag some wins.
Top MI Online Sports Betting Events You Can Bet On
As noted above, Michigan sportsbooks have a variety of sports and leagues you can bet on. Well, this translates to more betting events. For example, you can bet on events such as:
- College Bowl – In this event, you can bet on games such as Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Orange Bowl, etc.
- March Madness – This event has 68 college teams. Also, it is a single-elimination that takes place every spring.
- College football – Still, you can bet college teams from American universities, military academies, and colleges.
- Kentucky Derby – If you love horse racing, you can bet on this event that happens annually in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Triple Crown – You can also bet on more than 300 youth events across the country. These are events in Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball, Softball, etc.
- NBA Finals – With this event, the Eastern and Western conference champions play to determine the league champion.
- Super Bowl – Michigan sportsbooks give you a chance to bet on the team that will win the NFL Super Bowl award.
- Stanley Cup – The National Hockey playoff winner goes home with this championship trophy. You can wager on the team to win the cup.
- The Masters – This is a golf tournament that happens annually. You can wager on the player to win.
- Oscars (Academy Awards) – If you love films, this is the best event for you to bet on. You can, for instance, bet on the best director, best actor, best actress, etc.
- Wimbledon – Also known as The Championship, Wimbledon is a tennis tournament that happens annually. Besides, it has a variety of betting options, and you can bet on it at MI sportsbooks.
How We Rate Legal MI Online Sportsbooks
In order to recommend to you the best MI online sportsbooks, we rate them based on several aspects. These aspects include:
- License and regulations – The first thing we look at is whether or not a sportsbook has a license. Still, we check whether it is a regulated sportsbook or not. If a bookie has a license from Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB), we recommend it to you.
- Safety and security – We also check whether you will get a safe and secure gambling environment or not. If there are security measures such as SSL technology, then it is worth joining such sportsbooks.
- Trustworthy and reputation – A good sportsbook should be trustworthy. Also, it should have a good/positive reputation. A sportsbook with these two aspects is worth your time and money.
- Number and variety of games – Then, we rate Michigan sportsbooks based on the available games. If they have a variety of real money games, we put them on the list of best sportsbooks.
- User experience (app) – We truly don’t overlook the experience that you will get at MI sportsbooks. In particular, we check if the sportsbooks have iOS and Android apps. With these apps, you will be able to play on the go.
- Bonuses and promotions – A good Michigan sportsbook is one that offers you numerous bonuses and promotions. We check if you will get sign-up bonuses, match bonuses, cashback bonuses, reload bonuses, etc.
- Loyalty program – Our wish is that you join a sportsbook that appreciates your loyalty. Because of that, we check if the sportsbooks have loyalty programs. If they have, we give them a five-star rating.
- Payment and withdrawal options – In order to play, you first need to top up your account. You will also need to withdraw your winnings. That said, we check if MI sportsbooks have banking options that are safe, secure, and fast.
Different Sports Betting Types Offered in Michigan
When it comes to betting options, MI sportsbooks will spoil you with choices. You will, for instance, get options such as:
- Moneyline – This is one of the easiest betting options that you will get. Usually, it has two or three outcomes, and you will need to determine the winner.
- Parlay – With this option, you will place a single wager comprising two or more bets. However, the games in these bets must be different.
- Spread – When it comes to spread, you will wager on whether or not a team will do better than its expected outcome.
- Future – This is a wager on an event or competition that will finish at a later date. With this option, you will wager on the entire competition instead of a single game.
- Teasers – A Teaser bet is similar to a parlay bet, meaning all your games must win. With teasers, however, you can move lines to the point that works best for you.
- Over/Under – Also called totals, you will predict whether or not total scores will be under/over a certain benchmark.
- Round Robin – Round Robin betting option is where you choose between 3 and 8 betting lines. Thereafter, you will combine the bets into multiple parlays.
- In-game – In-game betting is also referred to as live betting. Precisely, you will wager on a game that is already in progress.
How Do In-Play Wagering and Live Betting Work
If your game has kicked off before placing a bet, you don’t have to worry about that. In-play wagering and live betting options allow you to wager on games that have already kicked off. Specifically, they work in the following ways:
- Live betting/ In-Play wagering – Live betting is where sportsbooks will change the odds of a game after every possession. On the other hand, in-play wagering is where the odds of a live game change only after commercial breaks and timeouts.
- Continued pregame wagers – This is where sportsbooks keep all other betting options active throughout the game. For example, you will place bets such as parlays, moneylines, totals, over/under, etc.
- Milestone achievement – With this live betting option, you need to wager on statistics set by teams and players.
- Partial game results/ micro-events – Lastly, sportsbooks can set micro-events or periods for you to bet on. So, if your team wins during that event or period, you will be a winner.
When you join MI sportsbooks, you can expect to get payouts in different ways. The most popular ones include:
- Free bets – If you get this payout, you will wager without risking your real money. This bet, however, is indivisible.
- Bonus dollars – You can also receive payouts in the form of bonus money. The good thing with bonus dollars is that you can divide dollars and place multiple bets.
- Straight cash – Sometimes, sportbooks may give you cash payouts. You can either withdraw the cash or place more bets.
Daily Fantasy Sports
Another type of sports that you will always come across at MI sportsbooks is Daily Fantasy Sports. With DFS, you will compete against other players by creating a team of professional athletes from a particular competition or league.
After that, you will earn points based on the performance of a player in the real world. So, if your players perform well, you have better chances of winning. Then, it is good to note that DFS only lasts for a short period. It can run for a single day or a week. Some of the Daily Fantasy Sports that you can bet on include:
Payment and Withdrawal Options at MI Online Sportsbooks
In order to start real money gambling, you first need to deposit some money in your account. Moreover, you will need to withdraw your money after winnings. As a result, MI sportsbooks provide you with dozens of banking options. Some of the options include:
- Debit/credit card – You can deposit and withdraw via Mastercard, Maestro, Visa, etc. In most cases, deposits are instant, but withdrawals take up to 5 days.
- Play+ – This is a convenient option that you can use to top up your account. Also, it uses Visa and Mastercard cards.
- PayPal – For fast deposits and withdrawals, you can use PayPal. Deposits are instant, while withdrawals take less than 24 hours.
- PayNearMe – If you love paying and receiving money in cash, you should try PayNearMe.
- Skrill – This is an e-wallet, and you can fund it with your credit/debit card. After that, you can transfer the money to your sportsbook account. Again, deposits are instant, while withdrawal takes less than 24 hours.
- Neteller – This is also an e-wallet that works the same way as PayPal and Skrill.
- ACH/e-Check – This is an electronic check where the money goes through the ACH network. You can use it when making huge deposits and withdrawals.
- Cashiers cage – With cashier cage, you have to physically present yourself to the sportsbooks' premises. You will pay and receive money in cash.
How to Start Playing at a Michigan Online Sportsbook
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced player, you can follow the steps below and start your gambling journey.
- Find a sportsbook on our list – Our list has the best sportsbooks in Michigan. You can select the one you want.
- Download app – The next thing you need to do is to download an Android or iOS app.
- Register an account – To start playing with real money, you need to create a real money account.
- Deposit money – In order to place a bet, you first need to top up your account.
- Place the first bet – Finally, find your favorite sport and place your first bet.
Sports Betting History in Michigan
Michigan legalized online gaming, including sports betting, in 2019. However, the first online sportsbook went live in 2021. Before going online, the majority of sportsbooks offered retail sports betting.
Some of the casinos that started offering retail sports betting include the Greektown Casino, MGM Grand, and MotorCity Casino & Hotel. Most of the sportsbooks launched an app on 22nd January 2021when Michigan Gaming Control Board allowed them to go live.
Michigan Sports Betting Laws and Regulations
Michigan Gaming Control Board licenses and regulates all sportsbooks in the state. Also, the National Indian Gaming Commission regulates all Native American tribes that run class III gaming. The laws that MI sportsbooks should adhere to include:
- No betting on high school sports.
- Players must be 21 years and above.
- All online and retail sportsbooks must pay 8.4% tax.
- Players must be within the state of Michigan in order to play.
Brick and Mortar Sportsbooks Location in Michigan
As a Michigan bettor, you can either play online or visit a retail sportsbook. If you are up for retail sportsbooks, you can visit the following locations.
- FanDuel Sportsbook – MotorCity Casino Hotel.
- BetMGM Sportsbook – MGM Grand Detroit.
- Draftkings Sportsbook – Bay Mills Resort.
- Barstool Sportsbook – Greektown Casino.
- River Rock Sportsbook – Little River Casino.
- BetAmerica – Island Casino.
- William Hill – Turtle Creek Casino.
- PointsBet – Northern Waters Casino Resort.
- FoxBet – Mackinaw &Petoskey Casino.
- Parx Casino – Gun Lake Casino, Wayland.
Responsible Gambling and Self-Exclusion List
Michigan sportsbooks want you to enjoy gambling all the time. They have put in place tools that you can use to control the way you gamble. If you have a gambling problem, you can, for instance, set deposit limits. You can also take a break or close your account permanently.
In addition to that, you can request the Michigan Gaming Control Board to put your name on the self-exclusion list. If you are on this list, the board will add your name to the Responsible Gambling Database. Again, your name will be on this list for one to five years.
Michigan Sports Betting Summary
Michigan is indeed one of the states where you will get sports betting action at a sportsbook of your choice. Sports betting in the state is legal, and you can bet on a variety of sports.
For example, you can bet on Baseball, Football, Hockey, Basketball, Tennis, Soccer, among others. These sports also have unlimited betting options, including moneylines, parlay, over/under, and in-play.
At Michigan sportsbooks, you will get numerous bonuses such as sign-up bonuses, reload bonuses, match bonuses, and cashback bonuses. What’s more, you will play via mobile apps and make payments via convenient banking options. That said, you can select a MI sportsbook from our list and experience a sports betting action like no other.